The MWAA Lifetime Achievement Award honors the outstanding individual who has made significant contributions throughout a career of service to the merchant bankcard and electronic payments industry. This award is a unique tribute given only to the individual who is worthy of "Hall of Fame" status.
Nominations for the 2013 MWAA Lifetime Achievement Award will be accepted only on the MWAA web site www.midwestacquirers.com The MWAA board will review the nominations and announce the recipient at the Eleventh Annual MWAA Conference at the Oak Brook Hills Marriott Resort Hotel, July 17-18, 2013.
2003 - Robert O. Carr, Heartland Payment Systems
Recipient of the inaugural MWAA Lifetime Achievement Award.
2004 - Paul Green, The Greensheet,
2005 - John Rante, President of Online Data Corp
2006 - Dick Draper, PeriPheron Technologies
2007 - Mike Ponder, Integrity Payment Systems
2008 - Kim Fitzsimmons, First Data Corp
2009 - Donna Embry, Payment Alliance International
2010 - Linda Perry, ISTS Worldwide
2011 - Dan Neistadt, Electronic Merchant Systems
2012 - Mark Dunn, Field Guide Enterprises and Treasurer of the MWAA
Rules for Nomination
In order for the MWAA board to accept a nomination, these conditions must be met:
1. The nomination must be submitted by an individual who personally attended the 2012 MWAA conference in Chicago.
2. The nomination must place before the board the name of someone who has given a career of significant contributions and service to the merchant bankcard and electronic payments industry.
3. The nomination must describe the nominee's contributions to the industry and tell why he or she is worthy of this recognition.
4. No one may nominate someone within his/her own company or a subsidiary of their parent company.
5. Deadline for nominations for the MWAA 2013 Lifetime Achievement Award is June 14, 2013.